BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Suggestion


I don't know what it is about young adult novels, but I love them. I think it's because they're generally entertaining, but I don't have to worry about them being littered with sex and junk. Anyway. I recently read this book, at the suggestion of my friend Laura, called The Maze Runner by James Dashner.


It's about this teenage boy who wakes up in an elevator shaft and can't remember anything about himself or his life, except his name. He's pulled up the elevator shaft and finds himself amongst a bunch of other teenage boys who presumably got there the same way he did, remembering only their first names. The place in which they live is at the center of a maze. They spend the entire book trying to solve this maze so they can get out, figure out who they are and go home. I don't want to say anything else other than that it's really good. It's interesting and pretty intense. I had my dad read it cuz I thought he would like it and he did, but didn't think it was amazing. But apparently it was better then he let on because he immediately downloaded the second one and read it in less than 24 hours. I actually haven't read the second one, but my dad said it was better than the first. I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback because I have the first one in paperback and I have this odd need for my books to match, so I'm impatiently waiting for the paperback release. Anyway, you should give it a go. It's pretty good.

0 comments: