BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Am Ever So Slightly Annoyed

So the guys of Safetysuit decided to have a contest which they entitled "The Shirt Off My Back Contest." The purpose of the contest was to have fans design tee shirts for the band. The winner would receive two free concert tickets, as well as one of their own tee shirts, and the shirt would be added to the Safetysuit store. I like designing shirts right? So I designed some for the contest. Originally the band was just going to pick their favorite and announce a winner, but they decided to pick the top 10 and then have fans vote on their favorites, which I thought was a good idea. Well this morning via twitter, Safetysuit announced the top 10. I was scrolling down the list, and scrolling down, and was starting to think that none of my designs were chosen...there were some really awesome designs, so I wasn't too bothered by that. But then near the end of the list, I see one of my designs, at least I THINK it's one of my designs, but I can't be sure because they totally botched it up for the voting page!!!

This is what my design looked like originally.

And this is what they posted for voting....
LAME!!! I wouldn't vote for this tee in a million years, especially compared with all the other awesome ones that were designed. The proportions are all screwed up and they took out my favorite part, the silhouettes :( Maybe they don't want to see themselves on a shirt? I dunno why not though. They're all hot and besides, they're silhouettes so it's not like an actual picture of their faces. Or maybe they were worried about the pics of them being copyrighted, but I mentioned in the email I sent with my designs that they were pics I took at one of their concerts, so no copyright issues with other people. Basically...I don't think even my original design would have won this contest in comparison to some of the others, but I KNOW this one won't. This is the reason why I'm ever so slightly annoyed...

Here were my other designs that didn't make it to the top 10
This is another reason why I think it has something to do with the fact that I used their silhouettes on the tees. Because these ones weren't chosen and without the silhouettes they're even more lame then the one they actually chose. At least the other one had some stripes going on, but that one was my least fave. I guess I should be honored I made it to the top 10, it just would have been nice to have my ACTUAL design displayed for voting....

Now that I think about it, I don't even know how this happened because they had us submit out designs flattened, which means the layers are no longer editable, so I don't know how they took the silhouette portion out. Unless it was an issue with the actual file that was sent to them. I dunno, but either way the entire situation is annoying.



0 comments: