BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 17, 2010

Revisiting the Past

It was just about 20years ago that I met one of my best friends.
Megan and I were five years old when we first met and were best friends all the way through middle school. We remained really good friends through high school, and although we've gone our separate ways these days, as many people do when they get older we still remain friends. We had a ton of fun growing up together. We did girls scouts and enjoyed all the awesomeness that was 10th Street together.


We were also really loud and obnoxious. A few years back I found a tape that Megan and I had recorded on a karaoke machine of mine. I ripped it off the tape and put it on my computer. We were about 10 when we made it. The first clip is me. The second is Megan. We were so cute, in an annoying little kid kind of way :)



When we were around the age of 12 or 13, the Adams family was moved into our ward boundaries and that's when we met Megan #2. Then not too much later when we were about 14, the Gibsons moved here from Colorado, and that's when we met Mallorie. The four of us were always doing stuff together, whether it was all of us together or just a pair of us.


One of the last big things the four of us all did together was go to EFY, just before our senior year of high school.



After high school, Megan Lemmon went to Western, while Mallorie, Megan Adams and myself went to BYU-Idaho. Even at college, Mallorie, Megan, and I were never far apart. I lived with Megan, and Mallorie lived in the same dorm, only a floor below us.

Here are Megan and I with our roommates Paige and Kirsten (I've known her since we were 5 also) and two of our FHE brothers.


Now we've all graduated from college, Megan Lemmon is living in Seattle, Mallorie is married, living in Idaho, and has a little boy, and Megan and I are....well, I won't get into that. But we're here. So what spawned this trip down memory lane? The fact that just last Saturday Megan Adams and I braved the rain and the traffic to go visit Megan in Seattle. You wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal because we're really not that far from her. But we don't do it that often so it was fun catching up with her. We watched Smallville, which is something we used to do all the time when we were in high school, so it was a nostalgia thing. We ate Thai food, which was delicious. Other than that, we pretty much just hung out. Just like the good ol' days. It's always fun to see old friends. Here we are!









0 comments: