BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 1, 2011

This is NOT a Harry Potter Post...

Ok. So I am slightly annoyed.

Backstory: For those who actually know me and what I like to do, and my hobbies and such, they know that I like to edit videos. It's pointless but I find it enjoyable and so I do it. Generally these videos have something to do with movies or music but most commonly they join the two because let's face it, I'm a music and movie junky. After I've edited a video, I generally post it on youtube just for the heck of it. I like watching others peoples "fanvids" as they're called in the Youtube universe, and so I figure maybe someone will enjoy watching mine. Well, I've always prided myself on the fact that you could glance down my column of videos on Youtube and not see one "dislike" on any of them. Granted they don't have many views. Most of them only have 500-1000, and maybe one or two "likes." But nonetheless, I generally get favorable feedback in the form of positive comments and thumbs up.

Now, I'm not opposed to criticism, as long as it's constructive. I do hate, however, when people view a video that clearly has the topic in the title, and then watch your video only to write hate comments and hit the dislike button because they don't like the topic of the video. YOU MORON! THEN WHY DID YOU WASTE 3 MINUTES OF YOUR LIFE WATCHING A VIDEO ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE? Videos that involve Twilight, and Harry Potter are a couple examples because people either love them or hate them, but if you hate them, don't watch the videos. If you love them, and then watch the video and still find that there are things about the editing that you don't like, THEN you can leave a negative comment. But don't get on there and say "Harry Potter is stupid and this video sucks," because I think YOU suck for watching it with the sole purpose of leaving a hate comment. Go start a "Harry Potter Blows" blog or something where you can chat with people who feel the same way you do and leave those who like it alone.

Okay. That was a bit of a tangent.

Now this is why I'm annoyed. I just logged into my youtube account and saw that my most recent video has 16 dislikes! Where as a couple days ago it had 7 likes and 0 dislikes! How did that happen? Granted, the quality is horrible if you don't watch it in HD, but that's why I say in the information box to watch it in HD. I also kind of hate the editing I did in the beginning of it, but even that I don't think warrants a whole bunch of dislikes in the last couple days, especially cuz I think after the very beginning the video is pretty decent. Oh and no, this is not a Harry Potter video I did. It's a Titanic video because I'm one of those people who loves Titanic, mainly because of Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet, which happen to be two of my favorite actors. So I was confused as to where all the dislikes came from, especially because Titanic isn't a really popular topic at the moment, seeing as it came out 15 years ago. It's not like Harry Potter or Twilight which is everywhere, and if you're watching a Titanic video it's probably cuz you searched it out simply because you like Titanic. So I was examining my video and all of a sudden I realized there was a link in the info box that said something like, "As mentioned in the Michael Jackson Forum...." What the? Titanic has nothing to do with Michael Jackson, and I never linked it to any Michael Jackson forum, but apparently someone did. I'm thinking that maybe a lot of people were pissed off that a Titanic video was posted in a forum about Michael Jackson, (cuz Michael is one of those things that people are passionate about) and then went and viewed the video just so they could hit the dislike button...? I don't know. Or maybe the video is really just that bad. Either way, I think I'm most annoyed that someone posted my video without my permission, which normally wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that they posted it somewhere where it was completely off topic, which is always going to spawn hate comments.

And that is why I'm annoyed.

And if you actually took the time to read this I apologize. I pretty much was just blowing off steam about something that really isn't that important.

Oh, and 14 days!

1 comments:

Becky Dayton said...

Of course I took the time to read this. What is your youtube name? I was unaware there were videos of yours I hadn't seen. Plus, I want to get on and like all your videos. :) Your videos have brought so much happiness into my life and the lives of my girlfriends and sisters. Sleepovers are no longer complete without watching both kissing videos.